I am now a mother to my beautiful princess.
I am lucky enough to have had an easy pregnancy. Didn't really have morning sickness. Had minor migraine here and there and was feeling very fatigued. Oh yeah, I did put on sooooo much weight! 😩😡
At week 34 of my pregnancy, I was having bad tummy aches, sometimes I had to rush to the toilet. I searched online, a lot mentioned that it might be braxton hicks, since I have not started bleeding and my water didn't break. The husband did asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital but I thought, since our appointment with the doctor is in the next couple of days and I was able to stand the pain, why not just wait.
The day of the appointment, the doctor scanned my tummy, he was trying to find the baby's head and he said that the baby is already engaged. He asked if I had any pains and I told him about the tummy aches I was having. He told us to go the the maternity ward and do the CTG. As I was doing the CTG thingy, the nurses looked a bit worried, and mentioned that my contractions is frequent and high. Next thing I knew, my doctor came and said that I had to me monitored for 24 hours and I need to be given a dose of something to delay my contractions, a dose to steroids to help with the development of my baby's lungs and a dose of antibiotics. He is trying to delay my labour to 37 weeks which the baby is nearly full term.
I was surprised. It was so sudden. I wasn't able to go back home to pack my stuff, can't even say goodbye to my fur baby. Had to do the CTG every 3 hours, so every time I was about to fall asleep, the nurses will come in and did the check up.
After being monitored for more than 24 hours I was cleared to leave. I was so happy to be back home, sleeping on my bed and hugging my fur baby. I missed him so much. I was supposed to rest and not do anything stressful, but after being in the hospital, all I wanted was to do something. At this point, we have not bought anything for the baby, so we went out to buy whatever we needed to get.
A couple of days after the hospital stay, the pain came back and it was stronger. It was late at night and maybe I though it will go away. I wanted to go to the toilet, and it was difficult for me to walk, it was painful. I screamed in pain and the husband rushed in the room and asked me if I was ok. I told him that maybe we need to go to the hospital.
At 2 a.m, we went to the hospital with the clothes on our back, thinking it might be a false alarm. We rushed to the maternity ward and did the CTG. The nurses said that I might be in labour and rushed me to the labour room. Panicked, I didn't know what to do or think. Everything is going to fast. The nurse asked if I wanted epidural, I said yes. My CTG level was more than 100 and the baby's heart rate was high. The anaesthetist came around 4 a.m and poke my back. Not going to lie, it hurt. By 6 a.m my doctor came in and checked if I was ok and if I was dilated. My CTG level was high but I wasn't dilated. He said that we should wait till noon to see if I was dilated.
Noon came and I was still not dilated and my contractions is getting more frequent. My doctor was worried as it might stress the baby, so he suggested that we do an emergency C-Sec. My doctor was explaining to us a few scenarios that might happen after he delivers the baby. Scenario 1, baby is healthy and she will be place at the normal nursery. Scenario 2, baby girl might be placed in special nursery to be monitored, and scenario 3 (worst case) baby girl will be place at the NICU to be observe. I was wheeled in the OR around 12.30 p.m, I was crying, not sure why, maybe I was scared and maybe I was not ready. The nurses and doctors were prepping me, and the husband came in and sat beside me. I know I can't feel anything from the waist down but I can feel something is going on down there. I felt the nurses pushing down on my tummy to maybe push her out of me. And by 12.47 p.m, she was born. I heard her cry and I cried tears of joy. My doctor carried her over my head to show me that baby girl is ok. They took her away and cleaned her. Once she was cleaned, they placed her on my chest and I was crying. Baby girl was very eager to come out and be with me and her papa. She looked so beautiful. I can't believe we made something so prefect and that she was inside me all this while.
Back in my room, I was so exhausted. I didn't have enough sleep and I couldn't move from the epidural. I felt dirty as I have not bathed since the day before and I was feeling so sweaty but I was shivering. I saw my parents in the room. They told me they saw baby girl in the nursery. Telling me she looks so tiny compared to the other babies. Just as I was able to get some shut eyes, the nurses wheeled baby girl in the room to start on breastfeeding. Almost everyone I asked about breastfeeding, they all said that the first time is very painful. As the nurses was helping me on how to hold and making sure that baby girl is latching properly, at the back of my head I was waiting for the pain. Alhamdulliah, she was able to latch on without any problem and started suckling. As she was suckling, I felt overwhelmed with joy and there was no pain. Maybe its because of the epidural.
Looking at my baby girl, I can't believe this is real. This tiny baby is real and she is mine! Till this day, I can't believe how real she is. She is growing to be a strong and big baby. So happy that she enjoys feeding but almost the same time, I feel super tired. I miss my undisturbed sleep. 😁
Since baby girl is sleeping now, I should almost be napping. So Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night! 😘
No comments:
Post a Comment